Why I'm Going To Wait To Date

 Happy Valentine's day. I hope you guys are having a great day. Valentine's day is the day where people celebrate love. Romance seems so attractive to tweens, teens, and adults. I'm going to be honest though. Dating seems so fun. You go out on dates and someone likes. That's not all of it though. For teens dating can involve a lot of drama. I want to encourage you to skip the drama. That's why I'm going to tell you why I will wait to date (although it's not all my choice because my parents want me to wait too). These aren't really in any particular order except for the first one.  

#1 God wants me to wait. Right now what's really important is to do school and spend time with my family. God doesn't want me to be distracted by a relationship. 

#2 I honestly feel that even if I did start dating now I don't see the point in it. I mean I'm not going to get married right now so the dating would feel a little pointless. 

 #3 I don't want all the drama and let's be honest there can be a lot of drama. Whether it's the fact that your friend had a crush on the boy that asked you out or that you broke up and now it feels weird to be sitting at the same table. I just don't want that in my life. I want to have good friendships and not have a ton of drama in my life. I don't want drama any other time but people can be especially dramatic during the teen years.

#4 I don't need to worry about a relationship right now. I don't need to focus my attention on stuff like that.  

I hope that my reasons will inspire you to wait until you're older to date.     

Comments