The Hobbit Chapter One

 Reading the first chapter of the Hobbit was super fun, J.R.R. Tolkien is so good at writing, that within the first paragraph I was drawn in to read more, as I was reading I really felt like I was at the Shire.

 I love how Bilbo has whole rooms devoted to clothes, If I could do that I would! I think that in my dream house I would have a room full of all my clothes, shoes and accessories, or at least a walk in closet.

I think it's funny how Bilbo's father, Bungo, built a house for his wife but he used most of her money to build it.

It's so funny how important meals are for the Hobbits and anything that gets in the way should be forbidden, "Adventures make you late for dinner" If Bilbo came back in time to tell himslef about the adventure I highly doubt present Bilbo would belive a word of it.

Imagine how Bilbo felt when all the dwarves started coming into his house ordering food, like he said, "He liked visitors, but he liked to know them before they arrived, and he preferred to ask them himself." I guess he deserved the sudden surprise because he didn't want to go on an adventure XD So welcome to Bilbo's Restaurant! He sells Coffee, cakes, and anything you can find in his pantry! 

I can't wait to read the next chapter! I think Tolkien is also very inspiring and a good role model, there's definitely a lot an author could learn from him.

Comments

Post a Comment