You Are Beautiful

  You are beautiful. I don't mean the kind of beauty that many people think. A lot of people think that if you have a face full of makeup and a slim body then you're beautiful. That isn't the most important beauty. I know that I have already wrote a post on beauty, but I think that this subject is so important for tweens and teens today. So many people look in the mirror and find a fault with the person in front of them. That's not what you should do. While it's important to take care of yourself you shouldn't be obsessed with it. I know that it can be hard to not compare your body to other people's bodies. A lot of girls do. You are a unique person, and you don't have to look exactly like everyone else. 

        I have said this before, and I will say it again your heart is more important to God than your outside. To show you what I mean let me tell you the true story of David (from the Bible). David was a shepherd. He was the youngest of many older brothers. God told a man named Samuel to choose a new king for Israel because the king they had was not good anymore. He came to David's father Jesse to see which son God wanted as the king. Jesse introduced each of the sons. The sons were strong and good looking, and Samuel thought that surely one of them would be the one that God wanted as king. But God said: "you look at the outside, but I look at the heart." Samuel asked if Jesse had any more sons. He said yes but he is just a shepherd. Samuel told him to bring him. He did and God told Samuel this is the one that I choose. That shepherd boy was David. David loved God. David's heart was more beautiful than his outward appearance. 

        So, you see from David's story that God looks at the heart. God wants you to have a relationship with him more than he wants other people to wonder at how good your outside looks are. I would rather have a beautiful heart than a gorgeous appearance but an ugly heart, wouldn't you? 


Follow this blog to get updated on this blog's posts, and to proudly tell everyone who checks out this blog that you enjoy it. Make sure to tell your friends and family about this blog so that they can enjoy it too!

Comments