Ten Tips For a Beginning Writer

  Do you get intimidated when it comes to writing a story? Well, I'm about to tell you how I get started in writing. 

        #1. Find a notebook you like. Call it your writing journal. I write any story ideas I have in my writing notebook, so that I don't forget them. You'll probably want to bring this notebook with you wherever you go, so try to get a small one. 

        #2. Just write. Don't worry about grammatical errors. You just want to get your ideas out. You're just writing so don't worry about people liking your story or that your dialogue is boring. You'll get better as you keep writing and learning. 

        #3 Do it every day. Try to write a little every day. You don't have to write a whole chapter. Maybe you just write some dialogue. Or you write out an idea you have for a story. 

        #4. Find inspiration in little things. Maybe you're baking and you imagine that a cake came to life. That's worth writing down. Who knows, maybe it becomes a famous children's book. Or you see a lonely girl and you become her friend, so you think it would be a good idea to have a main character who is lonely so that people will realize that they should be kinder to those around them. 

       #5. Tell people stories. I love telling other people my stories. I like to record me telling the story so if I decide to write it down then I can just listen to it and add details. Telling people stories is a great way to find out what they like in a story. 

#6 Keep a journal. Just write how your day went. Maybe someday you decide to take a really funny thing that happened to you and turn it into a great book. 

#7. Read good books. Reading good books can help you find inspiration for your own stories. I recommend The Chronicles of Narnia and The Hobbit.

#8. Pen instead of pencil. Using a pen instead of a pencil means that you can't erase anything. You might one day think that the story you started is terrible and then the next day you realize that this story is something you would like to get published. 

#10. Have a peaceful place to write. There's noise all around, and it can be hard to find a peaceful place. I recommend going outside and sitting near a nice tree or some beautiful flowers. If that's not possible then go to a quiet spot inside like your room or a little nook. 

         I hope that you realize that writing isn't scary and that it's actually pretty fun. I hope that you use these tips and start writing!

           

Comments