How To Create Great Characters for Your Stories

 Making good characters that you can relate to can be difficult, so I have some tips for you that can help you create really great characters. 

        #1 My first tip is to think up a backstory for your character. Why is your character the way they are? For example, if your character doesn't like cake then think of a why they don't like cake. Maybe one time they went to a party, and they ate too much cake then they threw up in front of everyone. So, the reason they don't like cake is that they have bad memories associated with it. 

        #2  is to give your character a challenge. Maybe they struggle with playing the piano. Try to give your character a challenge that is relatable to other people. Then show how your character overcame that struggle. 

        #3 My third tip is to give them their own unique feature. For example, your character loves carnivorous plants and has a whole collection of them. 

        #4 My next tip is to teach your readers empathy by creating characters who are mean and then showing your readers the reason why they are being rude. I like to show that you should try to see things from others point of view. 

        #5 My fifth tip is to give your character something that they love very much. It could be a favorite book or a pet. 

        Creating characters is one of the most fun parts of writing a story. I hope that you use my tips and create some really awesome characters.   

Comments