Being Confident

  Have you ever met someone whom you thought was so confident because they were loud and acted like they were the coolest people around? Well, a lot of people who act like that are actually really insecure. They think if they show who they really are then people won't like them. Maybe you're one of those people. If you are then I encourage you to be yourself. I know it's hard. Maybe you're a really silly person but you think that a certain group of people won't like that, so you act just like them.  Be yourself. 

        There was a girl I met who was always acting like she was cool and like she was so confident. But then I was talking to some kids who sat with her, and it turned out they didn't like her as much as you would think. I felt sad for the girl because everyone wants a meaningful friendship and when the other people don't like you as much as you thought it hurts. She probably didn't know that they weren't as much of her friends as she thought they were. 

        When you find someone who is treated like that don't be mean. Everyone wants to be treated kindly. Try to include that person as much as possible. I know I would be sad if the people I thought were my friends turned out to be talking behind my back or not liking me that much. 

        If that girl sounds like you then I encourage you to start acting like yourself. Remembering how much you are loved by Jesus can help you realize that you don't need to impress other people. 

        People like other people who are confident in who they are. If you started acting like yourself and your friends abandon you then they were never true friends. Acting like yourself doesn't mean being a mean person, so if your friends tell you that they left because you were being mean to them then you should try to be a nicer person. 

        Also, being confident in yourself doesn't mean that you are showing off. It means you aren't worried about what others think about you. 

        I used to worry about what others would think about me, but when I started wearing clothes that I liked and that I thought I looked nice in it helped me be a little more confident.  So go out there and be the wonderful person that God created!

Comments